Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm liking this blog thing....

Ya know, I started a blog a few months ago where I thought that I'd just post my thoughts on different things, films, books, my life. But to be honest, it didn't really take off. I deleted it last week with a grand total of 0 people following it! lol
I think what the problem was was that it wasn't really me talking. It had my mask on. I was talking about things to get my blog noticed. Current affairs, my life and media.
I posted, I think about 11 posts. Nadda!

But now, I set up this new blog without the mask on. I've talking about things that are close to me. About my 'real' life. Not to get my blog noticed, but to do the original thing that I had planned to do so many months ago...post my thoughts(as raw as they are). And already after 2 days. I've got three followers.

Maybe that's what was wrong with my last blog. It wasn't me, and I was trying too hard.

Advice to follow bloggers:

-Try. Don't get noticed.
-Don't be yourself. Don't get noticed.
-Be yourself and don't try. Get noticed.

Anyone else agree??............(I might be completely wrong! lol)......

4 comments:

Dave83201 said...

Hey, don't get discouraged! The blog looks great. It's difficult starting out. My blog is only a month old and I'm still working out the kinks. Check it out if you have a chance.

Anonymous said...

you hit the nail on the head I believe. I started a blog a few months ago too, exactly for myself and no one else. The fact that it got some attention is just some crazy coincidence that there's an entire world out there who sincerely want to read about a random guys life.

Me being one of them.

FMS

Dzyan said...

I know I posted this before but it didn't stick up in the comment, but here it goes again. I know this forysake guy, he's really nice, and he knows what he's talking about, and Dave will get my back on this one (hopefully) in that I always advice people to write about what they feel like writing, after all this is YOUR blog, not mine nor anyone else's, and the most original thing about someone is being themselves, always stay true to yourself and I know you'll be as popular as tortillas here in Mexico :)

Wish you only the very best. Ooh, and btw, please don't get that angry at yourself for loosing your license, ok? there are worse things, sorry that you lost it, hope you do find it, and soon,

Love
Me

Dzyan said...

I forgot, glad you have more followers now :) and if you want to talk I'm always interested in meeting people at msn so you want to I hope you add me to your friend list, also thanks for the link to my blog you certainly have won my heart.