Sunday, September 20, 2009

'Footloose' and a night to forget........

So, I went to see 'Footloose' last night.

It was a fantastic production! The leads were brilliant and it was such a funny show!



But even so, I ended up having a pretty crappy night in the end......


So, the show was situated in the middle of NOWHERE and it took me like an hour to arrive! So that wasn't very convenient for the journey back.
I arrived at the show and went up to the ticket office to get my ticket. I looked in my wallet and had no money whatsoever. So I had to borrow money of a woman I know who was also going to the show. Not the best start!

I went in and sat down in my seat. I kept trying to look for some of my friends who were coming as well. And a whole group came! None of whom were the people I was hoping to come! So that sucked.
On the bright side, I didn't see 'him' anywhere! I was already pretty depressed that none of my friends came and I didn't want to be even more depressed.
Ugh.....never mind.....there he is...

He was talking to a few people across the room when I spotted him. My stomach turned.
He had his boyfriend with him. My head started spinning...
"Do not come over, Do not come over, Do not come over!"
He came over and started talking to the group who were with me. I didn't look at him and started a conversation with the girl next to me.
He eventually went to his seat and the show began...

The show had energy, great dancing and some SUPERB singers!
There were, however, some god awful singers and some god awful actors!
But it was a great show overall though. The leads and supporting leads carried the show very well!

The show ended and we all went to the bar upstairs.
I stood next to a few few people I knew. Bored out of my mind. I didn't really have anyone to talk to in the group.
And then 'he' joined the group I was in and stood next to me. With his boyfriend. He introduced his bf to us all.
"This is: John, Keith, Sarah, Norma, Adam, James and (LonelyBoy)"
He put his hand on my shoulder as he said my name. My knees shook slightly.
HOW DOES HE HAVE SUCH AN EFFECT ON ME!?!?!
I need a drink....
I went over to the bar. It had NOTHING!! All it had was beer(I hate beer).
So, this wasn't going very well.

I slipped over to another group, and still didn't really have anyone to talk to there either.

'He' was walking by and said hi to me.
We asked how each other was for about 30secs and then he said he was going to go and 'mingle'.

I know he doesn't owe me anything as we never went out together and nothing ever happened between us and he's just a "crush", but it's still soooo hard seeing him with someone else. Kissing someone else. Having his arm around someone else.....
I felt sick. Like, really sick!

I went to the toilet and calmed myself down. I went back out to the bar and tried to see if anyone was heading back to Dublin on there way home and if I could get a lift off them. I couldn't stand it there.
I was more depressed there than I was after the show we did together(see here).

I got the lift back home and went to bed. Lump in my throat and exhausted.

I fell asleep and had a dream about him.......


"He won't leave me alone!!!"


S xx



6 comments:

Pilgrim said...

Nothing better as to meet the ex, hmm?! Don´t let you get down by such thins. :-) Propz Pilgrim

torchy! said...

aww man. i'm sorry he has this effect on you. time to try to move on, especially as he has a bf.

you gotta do it, you know it, and i know it's not easy

take care
torchy!

Anonymous said...

@ At Pilgrim

I think then it would be easier to get over the guy problem is they never dated each other

Anonymous said...

I know it's hard but you going to have to move on before you make yourself real miserable

Dzyan said...

Oh LB, I know how you feel :( but you have to be strong, you can't let this one guy crumble you to the floor every time you see him, and knowing who his bf is just won't help a bit, you have to move on boy, I'm so sorry, but you get stuck there it will be harder and harder to do it. I love you boy, and know where to find me.
Love
me

Anonymous said...

I recognized that part about having a crush and seeing it hard to see him canoodle with someone else.

It kinda depresses me when I see that too.

envy kills