Saturday, October 31, 2009

Picking up the pieces...............

So guys,

I think I'm starting to pick up the pieces of my recent mental/emotional breakdown.
Dont get me wrong I still can't particularly see anything good in my life but I think I know that 'giving up' isn't really the answer yet.

I spent ALL of last night thinking/crying in town.

Last night was my school's pre-debs(sort of a pre-prom, for all you Americans out there).
It was just an excuse really for everyone to go out drinking.
I know I said that I would never go down THAT path again but tbh I couldn't have cared less at that point.

I went into the club/bar and practically everyone was there. Everyone was saying hi and shaking hands to me whn I arrived and started walking round, and that made me think......how can they be SO twofaced?! How cab they stand there and smile at me after all they'd put me through?!
I looked at all of the people from my year with their friends and girlfriends and just couldn't take anymore...

I bought two shots, downed them, and bought a small bottle of whiskey and left the bar to go and sit down somewhere in the city(it was about midnight at this stage).

I ended up sitting down on the steps of a building in some backroaded area in town with my whiskey bottle in my hand.
It was a coldish night and I kinda wished I would just fall asleep as I drink the whiskey bottle and never wake up.

I opened the bottle of whiskey and raised it to my lips but honestly couldn't take a drink. I started to cry as I let the bottle fall from my hands onto the side of the road.
I asked my self how this all happened?
If I was 'straight' this wouldn't have happened! If I was 'straight 'I wouldn't have spent the last 6years of my life struggling with my feelings!!
If I was 'straight' I wouldn't think about 'him' eveyday.
Maybe if I was 'straight' i would be a stronger person mentally, emotionally and physically?
I'd have friends.
I'd have a family I could relate and talk to.

I spent a few hours just crying and blameing myself.
Blaming others.
Blaming my parents for making me think I was worth something.

I thought about 'him' for a while.......well, maybe not a while.......alot!

But I think I've figured out why I was so hung up on him.
I'm just jealous of him.
Insanely jealous of him actually.
He has come out with little or no problems. And if he dd have problems then he had friends to help him through it. He actually had a boyfriend at that stage to help him. He had/has someone to hold him when sad and someone to congratulate him when needed.
(not to mention the fact that he's a musical genius who can do things I can only dream of!)

I pretty much figured all this out in the cold last night over a few hours. Getting home at around 6.


It kinda shows you just how important friendship is.
My "bestfriend" is no more. I've decided that he is not my friend.
He has no respect for me and is a selfproclaimed homophobe, which wouldn't be the best thing if I were to have come out to him(which I very nearly did!).

I need friends.

I know you guys are here for me, but as I said in my previous post I need something tangible!

So,
I remembered this youth group that meets in the city for young LGBTs. A guy told me about it on msn. He said that he used to go there and it was pretty good.
I know it's kind of a wierd choice of place to make friends. But tbh I don't think I have any other choice. The group is called BelongTo(http://www.belongto.org/).
I might ring them up and see what they're about. See if it's a possibility. Cause I think I just someone to really talk to ya know??

So yeah,
This should be the beginning of the end for 'him' and for my lonliness. If not, and I'm too shy/scared to go in.......in terrified of what I'll do......


****

Let me just thank you ALL for your supportive comments.

Thanks as well to Ethan, Pierre and Pilgrim for mentioning me your posts!!! Made me cry a little again...

Anywhoo....

I'll keep you guys posted on the BelongTo front.....

Thanks again!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll just skip to the end

It's good to know that you are going to the group. It may be weird but last time I checked so is being anything BUT straight.

Hey it's what friends do and I was not going to let you go with out a fight even if it meant talking about you on my blog too.

Doomed But Cheerful! said...

Going to a group sounds like a really sensible thing to do. If you are not lucky enough to be surrounded by like minded people, you just have to go find them. Drinking whiskey, alone, on a backstreet, is not got to find you anything but trouble.

Try and make sure that everything you do is heading you towards a positive outcome.

G=]

Joey said...

I am glad to hear that you decided not to give up on life.

Going to the BeLongTo sounds like a great start. There is nothing wrong with looking for friends with people that share your experiences.

Just know we are all going to be here to keep a watchful eye on you. We will be here as another support system for you.

I wish you all the best and will keep you in my thoughts.

Aaron said...

You are absolutely correct when you said: "See if it's a possibility. Cause I think I just someone to really talk to ya know??"

S, if you think that you're a complete failure, I think you need to think that again because I think that you're a winner and one with resilient and you're reaching out. It's totally normal for you to be feeling crap when things aren't going well for you! We need to grieve when we lose something that's very dear to us, but at the end of the day, its about detatching, picking ourselves up, dusting off and continue our fight. :)

You're awesome! *HUGS*

Lightning Baltimore said...

The group sounds like a great idea! My husband and I started volunteering at the local LGBT youth center where we live about a year ago and I really love it.

:-)

Anonymous said...

It is precisely because I'm gay that I can say that I am stronger physcially, emotionally, mentally than other people.

They never have to go through what we went through.

"its the people most hurt by the world that end up changing it"

I, certainly, don't want my children or other people's children to go through what we do...

FMS

Dzyan said...

Ohm LB (short for Lovely boy), life´s hard, but you shouldn´t envy what other people have, and shouldn´t drink your problems down, you don´t know how sad knowing you´re feeling down makes me feel, wish I could be by your side :(

I´m so happy you will look out for some help into a community centre, I know you´ll be fine. Sorry I haven´t been around so often, hope I could be next to you and hug you forever.

Love you
Me

Anonymous said...

Looking for help is a great start, so I hope this group turns out to be just what you hope for.
Formysakes comment sums up my thoughts better than I could convey in words.
Just remember life is full of highs and lows - you have just endured one hell of a low so up is the only way it can go - good luck.
Kindest regards Stef,
.