Saturday, October 24, 2009

Prayers for Bobby, and a Taekwondo night out.......

So,

I watched "Prayers for Bobby" earlier today. An amazing film! Sooo sad. Tears were constantly running down my face for 45mins straight!
I think the film really hit the right notes on what young gay people go though, and the IGNORANCE of some people in society.

I found it so very touching when near the end the family of Bobby were all wearing matching t-shirts and marching in the parade together.
That's how all families should be regardless if sexuality.







The way the mum reacts when she has an argument with Bobby over his sexuality is exactly the fear I have of my parents. I don't want to leave my family to live my life how I want. But 99% of the time it seems like the only way.

If you havnt seen this film WATCH IT!!!! You won't regret it!

***

Anywhoos,

I went to the Emerald Cup tornament this evening because my friend in my taekwondo class made the Irish senior team a few weeks ago and this was his first tournament. So I thought that I would go and support him.







The tournament consisted of both a mens and womens team from Ireland, England and the USA.

When I first arrived I sat down with my instructor in the audience and awaited teams entrance. Ireland came in first with my friend in the middle looking kinda anxious. England followed and then the USA.
There was the cutest boy from England with short cropped brown hair and a perfectly toned body from the English team. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him! However, another guy from the US did catch my eye and came in at a close second on the 'smexy-scale'!
Irish lads not so much, Lol!!!!







Anyway, I found out a few things tonight.
1. The USA TKD team are REALLY WOEFUL!!! Lol (no offence any Americans out there!)

2. There are actually only two proper Irish guys on the Irish tkd team! Lmao!

3. I REALLY want one of those GIANT trophies when I hit blackbelt next summer!!!! They're sooooo cool!

***

Also, I want to say congrats to Ben(http://ben-gaymid-schooler.blogspot.com) who was elected Homecoming prince!! And was also successful in getting more than enough signatures for a petition his principal made him do to bring a boy with him to homecoming!!! (prick!)
So congrats to you Ben!!

Also, I want to congratulate Jason(http://carwinscloset.blogspot.com) who came out to his parents last week!!! I know I'm a bit late with the congrats but hey, better late than never huh?!
But seriously, I am proud of you man! It must take serious guts to do what you did! I wish I had your strength! Well done!


***

So yeah,

That's been my day.
I'm on my mid-term break now so that means no school for 9days!!!! Hurrah!!!!
It'll be nice to have a break...

I think I'll be seeing 'him' again this Friday. Ugh! I don't wanna!!!!!

Ah well, I've made it this far without whining so I won't start boring yas!!!

I think I'll go to bed now.

Haircut tomoz!!!!!! Yey!!!


Nitey nite!!!!


Sxxxxxx

4 comments:

Aaron said...

i thought i followed you but clearly, its the wrong "LonelyBoy" I was following. :P

i'm glad u watched Prayers for Bobby - such a powerful film hey. :)

Drew said...

Not all US soccer players are shyt, you have to remember that soccer didn't come to the states that long ago so we've got some catching up to do.

Anonymous said...

Well it sounds like you got some nice eye candy

LonelyBoy said...

Drew, I was talking about taekwondo. Not soccar.