Thursday, October 22, 2009

Worthless........

So,

I've just got back from a vigil in my school church. A student in 3rd year has cancer in the liver and badly needs a transplant. He's travelled to England and is now waiting for a donar.

When I planned to go to the vigil
I thought there would only be a few people there. I was wrong. The church was packed out the door. And it's a big church for a school! It was sooo touching seeing everyone united supporting the student. We're a small enough school so everyone kinda knows each other, and not everyone is catholic or a particularly devout catholic. I'm not a catholic either(not aethist either, just have my own views and believe in god). But EVERYONE crowded into the church while the very beautiful vigil was held. Everyone stood when they were supposed to. Everyone knelt when they were supposed to.
I think seeing that was the proudest moment I've had in my school(and I'm not particularly fond of my school).

Halfway through the vigil I realized that no kid should be going through this. He's 14! He's right now reading a book FULL of comments from EVERY student in the school wishing him well, but he's still frail and bed bound.
He dosn't deserve to be there. He is a good kid.
Why do these things happen to the good guys instead I the bad ones?? He always was good in school and got good grades. It's just not fair.

I felt sick as I sat there realizing that I deserved to be there more than him.
I've lied, cheated, stolen, bitched, fought.
He didn't.

If I could switch places with him I would. I don't even know him really. But I know enough to know that he shouldn't be there.

His life is worth a damn sight more than mine,
Who decides that he should still be exposed to this?!

Again,

It's just a fucked up world I guess......

Sxx

S xxxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he would love to have a friend like you I know I would based on what I just read especailly the ending

I wish I knew why this happens too b/c it really sucks a lot

Octavius said...

Something much bigger than you, I , or that poor kid makes the decisions. You or I have no control over that, we just have to live our lives the best way can, and then wake up tomorrow and do it all over again.

Never say you are worthless, as everyone is worth something! Whether you realise it or not, you are. At the moment, you are worth something to me, because without you, I would not have so many blogs to read.

Chin up mate, this too will pass...

Octavius.