Sunday, November 22, 2009

A startling day.......

So,

I went to my BeLonGTo meeting today. I got the bus and had to walk for, like, 20mins in the rain and SERIOUS wind! But I eventually made it!
So I sat down in the little café part of the building. And started talking to a guy I met at the last meeting. So that was nice.
From there I met a youth worker who I hadn't seen before. She was lovely! Very friendly!
And then was introduced to a German guy my age who was really nice 2.
So my hesitancy that I mentioned in my last post didn't seem to be a factor at all.

Then, a girl walked in while I was talking to the German guy. I only noticed and caught a glimpse of her when she walked by and down th stairs. She had dyed red hair and that was very familiar. I kept talking to the German guy and all of a sudden I hear "*Lonelyboy*????"
I looked around it turned out that the girl with the red hair was the same girl from my taekwondo class!!!! I didn't get a good look at her at the start and that's why I didn't realize earlier.
I was gobsmacked! I honestly never expected her to be gay!!!
We started talking and she was saying that she has been going to B2 for a while now.
I was actually really glad I knew her cause that's given me an actual friend I can talk to at the meetings!
I'm so extatic now!!!
Yey!!!


So anyways, at the meeting we had a transexul workshop for th last hour and a half.
They are always having workshops, apparently, on various topics such as transexuality, homosexuality, safe sex, and other stuff.

Tbh, I was quite ignorant to transexuality. I never knew anything about it or what it entailed.
I found out that last Friday was Transexual Memorial Day around the world.
A startling statistic is that almost 200 transexual people have been murdered around the world in the past 12 months! That's such a shocking figure!
Another one is that the average life expectancy of a transexual person is 24!!!! Because of such high suicide rates!
That is extremely sad!!


I learned quite alot today the workshop. And am very glad I met the girl from taekwondo.

Ugh, now I've got to go to bed to get some sleep for my exams tomorrow. :(
I am sooooooo unprepared!!!

Ugh,

Ah well!!

C yas later!!!!!!


Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you have a friend with you that's great

Oh I didn't know that myself actually I forget about Transsexual people all the time kind of embarrassing really but I think it's b/c not everyone knows that about them

Ok gl with the tests
Ethan

naturgesetz said...

Good luck on your tests.

I had a teacher in high school who would write at the top of every test he gave us:

"Good Luck
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity"

The class would groan every time.
LOL

Anonymous said...

I'm so pleased things seem to be rolling along nicely. Because of our time difference here in Australia I managed to have a quick read of your previous post before going to a job this morning - thought I'd drop a quick line when I got back and low and behold another post so I will just leave a comment on this post.
I certainly hadn't given a lot of thought to transexuals but when you think about it - it is not something you can easily hide [at least we can stay in the closet until we are ready to come out and it is also not something that a person can see as you walk down the street].
The death and suicide figures you quote do not surprise me but they do make me very sad - by comparison we are very lucky.
Kindest regards Stef.

Dzyan said...

well then you stop blogging and go study, by know, you´re probably sleeping so have a good day and good luck with your exams, try to prepare better next time -yeah, maybe I´m lecturing but I worry for the people I love and wouldn´t like you to have no problems, ok-

SO happy for you having such a good time and enjoying yourself at your meetings, you certainly sound more cheerful, so happy about that, you keep meeting people and having fun, I´m so so happy for you, can´t even enficise that enough.

Love
Dzyan

P.S. now I have twitter too, should you follow me would make me real happy. @dzyansays

Anonymous said...

that is amazing. You're just going full force now

Aaron said...

Hey, you know, we can get so used to things that we are not ready to incorporate something into our lives so easily, e.g. going to BeLongTo! :) I am glad you went in the end and most of all, you had a good time! :) On so many levels, I am so happy for you. You deserve all this, big boy.

Group Creative Director said...

Thanks for this blog.
Love the honesty.
msarscott.blogspot.com