Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My medals!.........

So,

I arrived back from Cork, from the International Irish Taekwondo Championships late Sunday night. I was sooooooo exhausted! And i still am! All day yesterday I was dozing off in every class in school.
I was exhausted!! :S

Anywhoo, I went down to the champs in the car with my mum at 4am in the morning. We arrived in good time. Didn't get lost too much!
We went into the stadium and met up with the rest of my team. I went and got changed and got registered.
Then I went down to the mats and waited for my patterns section to begin.
I was called up and performed my pattern well, I thought. I got through to the next round and then to the next round. I won that and was into the semi-final! Then halfway through the semi-final the guy who I was up against(we do our own indiviudal patterns next to one another, it's not sparring!) collapsed right next to me. I, not knowing what th hell I was supposed to do, just carried on. That seemed like the right thing to do. Then I hesitated for a second when I saw paramedics rush over! Then I heard my coach yell over to me: "DON'T STOP *lonleyboy*!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP GOING!!!" lol!
So I kept going and finished my pattern and ended up "obviously" winning the semifinal and got into the final(I know the guy fainted and all but I honestly think I woul have beaten him either way. He wasn't the best I've seen). Anyway, I stepped onto the mats for the final and ended up winning that to take a gold medal!!! That's right! National Irish Colourbelt Champion! :D
And when i was being awarded my medal the head judge complimented me on my pattern! I didn't recognize him as i had not met him before but my coach said at the end that he was an Italian master(can't remember his name) who is "top notch"! Lol
So I was quite proud of myself for that.

Then it was on to the sparring. I was called and I beat my first opponent easily. My second opponent was not so easy. He really pushed me hard but in to end I won! The next round was the semifinal where I was up against a much higher belt rank. I went into the ring not expecting to win. I let this attitude get to me and even though halfway through i realized that I could beat him, it was too late. He won. But I came out with a very respectable bronze medal.

Here're the gold an bronze medals:




Also, i thought you guys might like to see the two silver medals I was awarded when I represented Ireland at the European Chanpionships in Croatia over the summer:




So, yeah, a fun weekend! Lol


***

Oh, I think I've found two friends that I can come out to. They're both girls and I didn't realize that they weren't "friends" but they were in fact friends.
So, I hope next time I see them I'll tell them.
I'm pretty sure they'll be ok with it.
In fact, i'm certain of it!
:D


***

Talk to yas later!!!!



S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

8 comments:

Dzyan said...

Congratulations my boy!!! knew you´d completely nail it, so proud of you -well, always have been- really happy for you, a gold medal :) if life awarded medals you´d definitely win a gold one.

Love
Me

P.S. Good luck coming out!

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to add my congratulations to - well done. Good luck comming out to your friends.So nice to feel the happiness shinning through in your posts.
Kindest regards Stef.

Anonymous said...

congrats

Biki Honko said...

YAY!!! YAY!!! Awesome!!!!

Marital arts seem for the most part to be 90% mental. Next time, KNOW you can take the higher belts, and you will!! Having watched enough matches, confidence seems to win the day.

Wonderful news on having someone to talk to. Hope it all works out for you.

Giant hugs!!
Biki

naturgesetz said...

Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the win
I'm curious why you think you can trust the 2 girls?
At the same time I'm glad that you can and good luck on coming out

JP said...

Wooo! Congratulations mate, Great Job!!

Aaron said...

i am glad all is going well! :) u awesome possum! well done!!!! :D so happy for u, seriously and like i said before, im glad u're taking control of your life again. :)