Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a day!!!..........

Wow,

What a day??
The group was better than i could have ever suspected!!!!

**

I got on the bus earlier to head into the meeting and I actually felt sick. I honestly thought I was going to chicken out.

I got off the bus and spent like half an hour looking for the building. Luckily I gave myself an hour in anticipation of me getting lost!
But when I did find the BeLonGTo building it was the wrong building! It was their offices rather than their meeting place! But luckily there was a leader their on his way to the meeting. So he brought me to the building. We talked as we walked across the bridge to the other building and he was really nice. That kinda settled my nerves.
We arrived at the building where there were two girls outside talking. They were my age and I found out that they were two young faciltators. The guy I who brought me to the building handed me over to them and they gave me a tour of the building. They were sooo friendly! They talked to me and really made me feel good and not nervous.
I talked to them for a while and met another guy my age(who's also a young facilitator) and he was really nice as well(and really cute!!!!! Lol) and then we went back to the main room where more people had arrived. So I sat down with the two girls and talked with then for a while. Then the 'cute guy' sat down with us for a while as well. He was really nice as well.

Then we all went down to the basement where they went through 'the news' and played an icebreaker game. That was nice. We then went upstairs and we played a table quiz where I met some new people. A guy and a girl both around my age. They were REALLY nice! We came third in the quiz and then they invited me out to have a bite to eat with both of them. We talked for ages. They were people I think that I could be really good friends with.

I had such a good time!
There were three or four people in the group of about 30 who I think were quite annoying and mightn't get along with but sure there are always people like that so that's fine!

It was such a great day and I'm soooo glad I didn't get scared and chicken out!
It was a place where I could totally be myself. Fantastic!!
Can't wait to go back!!

What a fantastically perfect day!!!!

Thanks guys for all of your support!!

S xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12 comments:

Pierre said...

aww good for you! its really nice to read things like this. :)

Anonymous said...

Dang I'm 2nd to comment
Well I'm glad you had so much fun and I'm always happy to help out a good friend

LonelyBoy said...

Thanks guys. I'm glad you guys read my blog and like it!

And thanks Ethan, I know you're cutting back on the blogs you're reading and following so thanks for keeping me on your list!

Anonymous said...

Great news - I am so happy for you.
Kindest regards Stef.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am and don't worry I didn't plan to cut you out

Joey said...

I am very excited to hear that you had such a positive experience at the BeLonGTo meeting.

Hope this upswing continues for you!

Dzyan said...

I knew you´d have fun, so great to know how it went. Congratulations on such a display of strength and bravery :)

Love
Me

Anonymous said...

I told you that thing get better. "we all get it in the end"

...well, eveybody did, lol. =)

Octavius said...

Good to hear you happy. Maybe this first step is the one that brings out the truly wonderful boy we all know you are.

Octavius.

Aaron said...

I am not surprised you had fun and a good time!! :D And I cannot be happier! I would so give you a big hug right now just so you feel how proud I am of you! :) You know what made me even prouder? It's the fact that you recognised that those 30-something year olds are annoying, but dickheads are all around us and we just have to be tolerant! That's a gold attitude, S! :)

I know I'm a random stranger and this might seem odd, but I really am very proud of you - you just inspired a lot of people reading your blog I'm sure, to reach out when you feel isolated and alone. :) *two big thumbs up and a wink*

Just said...

Proud of you

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear everything went just great!!

Love
Daniel