Thursday, November 12, 2009

A setback.....

Ok,

So, a little bit of a set back in my coming out plans....

I'm watching 'Bones' on tv at the moment and my sister said to my mum that she "dosn't know what's up with Angela. First she was straight, then she was gay, now she's straight again" and then my mum responded by saying "yeah, I can't stand people like that. You either like guys or you like girls".






So I'm sitting here slightly pissed off. That's quite a setback in my plans for coming out to her.
I kinda thought she would be okish with me telling her but now, ugh, there's gonna be much more complications than I thought there would be.

Ugh, this sucks.....

I'm gonna finish watching 'Bones' and then behing to rewrite my plans.....*sigh*....


Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx



2 comments:

Biki Honko said...

Ok, I know you want to have things out in the open, and it would be much better for you! But, if it doesn't work out that way right now, you will still be fine.


You never know what might have been going thru your mom's mind about Angela. Maybe she just doesn't really understand how bi really works. To some it just looks like they can't decide.

Let it go for a while, and see if her attitude is always the same about being bi. If it doesn't seem to be changing you only have two choices.

Don't say any thing, just let who you are ride waiting until you are out of the house.

Or tell her you are gay, if you think she will be cool with that. After she becomes used to seeing you in that light, and is fine with it. Then tell her you are bi, and it is just not a case of not being able to decide but that is just the nature of being bi.

hugs!
Biki

naturgesetz said...

I think you should try to introduce her to the sexual-orientation-as-continuum view, which has been around for a long time. Perhaps you could get some literature at BeLonGTo or find something on the internet with solid scholarly credentials behind it.