Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Brrrrr.........

Hey guys,

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted, technical problems were to thank for that!!! Grr!

Ah well,

News, news, news.....

Well I had my Xmas exams this week(I know it's not Xmas that's just what they call them).
They went..........pretty awful tbh!! I was completely raped in chemistry, music, physics and applied maths. Yeah, so that's not really gud at all!!
So I need to buckle down for the final exams next year! SERIOUSLY!!!

****

I also went to my BeLonGTo meeting on Sunday.
It went really well. I talked to some new people. They were nice. There are these two guys who are just soooooooooo hot. Like proper hot!! I'm drooling right now as I write about them! Lol
Anyways, this woman came in from a mens health clinic and talked about a new service they provide in the city where any gay man can just call in and get checked out for stds and stuff. They also just hand out condoms. They apparently always leave a box of condoms in the B2 building! When she reminded everyone of this one of the guys(one of the reeeaaallyyy hot ones!) said that they always rip and that they're not strong enough. But he just 'doubles them up' so they don't. Then the worker said that doubling up the condom increases the risk of a condom breaking! There was just silence from everyone and he just said "oh, well that must have been why they broke then" lmao!!!!

***

For the last hour of the meeting we were discussing the 'civil partnership bill' that's going to be debated this week in the government. And we were talking about how it is just not the same as marriage in any way shape or form.

Here are just some of the differences between marriage and a civil partnership:

• The names for a start a different. Why should they be?!?

• A couple in a civil partnership cannot adopt a chid together. And if one of the partners already has a biological child the other partner has no legal premise to adopt it. And the child has no entitlements to inheritance. And if the childs biological parent dies the other partner cannot adopt the child.
Also, if the family of the person with the biological child are not happy with their child being gay they can battle for custody of the child 'just in spite' of the fact that their child is gay!

• The tax benefits you receive are are at most half of what you would receive as a married couple.

The differences go on and on. I might post something about it soon, when I get a chance.

But now we're preparing for the protest that will take place on thursday outside the government buildings in town. I think we're creating a human gay flag with everyone wearing different colours.
So that should be an experience. However I'm not sure whether I should go or not. I'm still not out to 98% of people and I'm worried someone I know will see me at the rally.
I just don't want someone to find out who I don't want to find out, ya know??
Ugh! STRESS!!!!

****

Also, morning Taekwondo training started today. 630-730am!!! I was EXHAUSTED!!!
It was a great wake up for the morning but i could really feel it by lunch time!

****

Anywhoos,

It is FREEZING here in Ireland!!! Literally!!!! The country is flooded and the weather just keeps getting colder.


It's times like these when I'm stressed out with school and coming out and the cold weather when I just wish I had someone to be with, to be warm with, to comfort me.........


......*sigh*.....

I'm cold......


Sxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Dzyan said...

Well, it´s up to you, if you really don´t feel like parading yourself openly as an lgbt supporter no one can ask you to, after all even if it sounds too selfish, it´s your decision and no one else can change that. NEVER wear two condoms... unless you have sex twice :P and pretty sure your TaeKwonDo practices are what make you the best at what you do.

Wish I was there to hug you and keep you from freezing.

Love
me

Anonymous said...

No I think it's best you don't go unless you plan on coming out to everyone

Yeah I know Math and Physics are beating me up too

I know how you feel I want to hold someone myself right now

Aaron said...

Make sure you only do the protest if you feel comfortable. :) Don't feel obliged at all to do it if you don't want to.

And I am glad to hear from you - always love hearing from you, especially knowing that you are well and happy. I feel like a stalker big brother. Eek!