Thursday, December 3, 2009

A perfect evening!!......

So,

I ended up going to the protest today!

I wasn't actually planning on going, but in school earlier I got a text from one of the facilitators from BeLonGTo asking whether I was interested in actually going into the Dáil(the main government building in Ireland) and watching the debate. I said sure! I'd love to!

I went into town to the B2 offices where about 10 people had come together and had some sandwiches and some drinks.
We then walked down to the Dáil and saw a huge group of people protesting. It was such a great atmosphere! About 6 of us walked through the protest and into the buildings(a B2 facilitator got us access). When we were lining up in the reception we could see and hear a group of women screaming into the government building. Noone could really hear what they were saying but a guy ahead of us in the que said to us "oh religious fundamentalists! They're always entertaining!"
Lmao!!!! I couldn't stop laughing! Haha!
Anywhoos,
The rest joined the protest. It was actually a bit of a thrill being part of the group protesting! I've never been to a protest before!

We watched the debate and things actually seem like they're moving forward for civil marriage. We probably won't have it for another 2 or 3 years but I honestly think well have it soon!

Afterwards, the 6 of us went to get some coffee from Starbucks. It was really nice sitting down talking with them all!
There was a guy with us who I had not met before and he was sooooooooooooooo hot!!! He had a perfect smile! And a great personality! My DREAM guy!!!
Don't have a chance with him, but hey, a guy can dream!! Lol

When we finished our coffees I left for my busstop with two of the girls.
I hadn't really talked to them before. But they were soo nice!
I think I could make great friends with them. I havnt really made any 'friends' yet. But I think these two could be great friends!

I can't wait until Sunday for our next meeting! I'm getting much more comfortable with them all.

Ahhh, what a perfect evening!


Anywhoos, that's my post for today!!

C ya!!!


Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good to know you have made new friends and had a good time at the meeting ok see you later
Ethan

Anonymous said...

It is so good that you have turned it all around and that you seem so happy and possitave. I am so happy for you.
Regards Stef.

Dzyan said...

Oh my, took me an eternity to find your last post, sorry about that, glad you had a great time but one think I will never ever forgive you is sayin I don´t have a chance with someone, NEVER say that, you´re a really cute, smart, interesting, strong young boy and I´d give my right arm to be close to you, now show some spirit and get some friends or else... ¬¬

Glad you´re having fun, can´t wait to read your next post

Love
Me