Thursday, April 29, 2010

Gay Prom!! :D

Wat's up y'all!? :)


2 years ago in 2008 my gay gouth group 'BeLonGTo' headed the organisation of Ireland's first ever 'gay prom'. It attracted LGBT people from all over the country. 500 people in total filled an amazing venue in Dublin.

I wish I was there and had the chance to go. I've seen pictures and heard great stories of it!

And now........I found out that it's happening again this year!!!!!!!!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!

Here's the poster for 2008's one!
One problem though.......
I need a date!! lol

It's not until November, but still! lol. You need to plan these things!! This is going to basically my Debs(Prom) since I can't really take the person I'd want to take to my school one! lol

I need to meet new guys!! It's still really hard though! I'm still new to this whole gay scene, but hopefully this summer will open new doors :)

Anyone wanna come to Ireland and be my date!?!!?! :P


Peace out! :P

Sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats so cool that they are doing that! And itll be a great spot to meet other likeminded people, you are right. :)

Anonymous said...

I never went to Prom with the person I wanted either, and I'd love to come to Ireland!

Anonymous said...

November is a long way away, so with the ground you have covered, you should have no probs - hey it's only a date you need - if it turns into the love of your life, that would be a bonus.
Good luck anyway - sounds like it will be a lot of fun.
Regards Stef

Just said...

I am just glad you had the balls to go to your first meeting. I admire you courage. I so hope you go ... November is plenty of time to find a date.

Adidas said...

You'll have no probs getting a date! They showed the prom on the second part of the two-part documentary "Growing Up Gay" which was on RTE recently and you can still see it on
"http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1071575"
The prom looks brilliant!

I'm in Ireland but a bit too old for you - but best of luck!

Hugs

Adi

LonelyBoy said...

lol, Of COURSE i saw growing up gay! :P it was brilliant! absolutely fantastic production!
Thanks! :)

Ps. Check out my new irish blog! I just did a post on Growing up Gay! Follow please!! :D
http://the-g-scene.blogspot.com/2010/05/growing-up-gay.html

Aaron said...

So, I actually work with www.ie.reachout.com and they were talking to me about the new show BeLongTo did and showed on TV - it sounded like it was awesome and would reduce the gay stigma. Did you watch it?