Saturday, April 24, 2010

A weight off my shoulders...............

Hey Y'all! :)

How's things in blogland???

My news is all pretty good for once! :D

So as most of you know, my final exams are in June. And in the run up to these exams there are several practical exams to do. I have a french and irish oral exam and also a music practical exam in which I have to perform a repertoire of 8 pieces(and this music practical counts for 50% of my exam!)
These all took place over the past two weeks ending with my music practical. Irish went well-ish(but I'm not terribly fussed over that subject), French went great. Apparently I know more french than I thought! And then my music practical went brilliant! I played four pieces on the piano and sang four pieces.
This was my repetoire:
Piano:
- Sonata in D Major, Third movement - Haydn (Went a bit of a disaster! :/)
- Poem - Zdenek Fibich (Went very well!)
- Jack in the Box - Bartók (Went great)
- I Dreamed a Dream - Les Miserable (Fantastic, the examiner even complimented me on my performance of the piece :D)

Voice
- Ich Grolle Nicht - Schuman (Went great, the examiner complimented me on the maturity in my voice :D)
- The King Of Love My Shepheard Is - Charles Gounod (Went very well! Very happy with it)
- In Diesen Hail'gen Hallen - Mozart's 'The Magic Flute' (Great!)
- Oh Better Far to live and Die - Gilbert and Sullivan's 'The Pirates of Penzance' (I thoroughly enjoyed this one! The examiner was even singing along to herself at one point! :D)

I was very happy with my performance overall! Forgetting about the first piece which was a disaster, but i'm just chalking that up to nerves.
In the second voice piece, my piano accompianist(aka. my voice coach) stops after the second page and goes "I'm soo sorry! I've forgotten a page!"
In my head I was like "WHAT!?!?!?!?!" lol
But the examiner was sooooo nice! She said to take my time. Luckily I had a spare copy of the music for my coach. I'm certain I didn't lose any marks from it as it wasnt my fault.
I love my coach like, but he scared me half to death then! lmao!
The examiner talked an awful lot in the exam too. I think it was just to calm me down because I was soo nervous! But she was asking me if I was a member of any choirs. I told her no. But I do do alot of musical theatre and opera. She asked me who I did it with and I told her the names of a few companies. It turned out that she knows ALOT of the directors and musical directors that I know quite well! It was such a coincidence! Hopefully that worked to my advantage and she mightn't have taken too many marks off for my first piece. But I doubt it! lol!

Anywhoos, I was very happy overall.
Afterwards my voice coach told me I performed brilliantly and told me he was very proud of me!
That meant so much to me. Because he doesn't dish out to many compliments. If you're not good, he'll tell ya! lol! I almost cried even! (I know, i'm such a girl! :P) But i kept it together! Ya know, to keep up my "mach straight image" lmao

So yeah, that's been my week!
Such a weight off my shoulders now! :) Nothing else left to do except for my exams in two months!
I pity the poor guys in my year who have a Religion or History or Geography project to hand in still! Some have all three! They're very big projects! I'm so glad I don't do any of those subjects! :D

So yeah. Thats all with me! :D
What's up with you peoples!? :P

Also, I'd like to give a big thanks to Pierre and Ethan for linking me in their posts! Two of my MOST favourite bloggers! If anyone else has linked me remind me! :D


PS. I'm thinking of starting a VLog?? What do you guys think??
I don't mind telling you guys who I am. But I'm kinda worried if anyone from school might find it on youtube??
I dont see how they would but who knows?
Anyways, tell me what you guys think!


Peace out! :P

Sxxxxxxxx



3 comments:

naturgesetz said...

I don't really know the piano pieces you did, but I'm at least passingly familiar with the vocal pieces other than Gounod. The Schubert and Mozart are wonderful, and I'm sure the G&S gave a nice change of pace. Congrats on doing so well with them. I'm sure the grades will be consistent with your feelings.

Octavius said...

Glad everything is going well mate, but even if you do have a macho mask, you should still never be afraid to cry. Anyone who thinks less of you for it, is not worth knowing anyway.

I think a Vlog would be pretty cool, and there are other ways than you tube, but only do it if you are totally comfortable with it.

Hugs, Courage and Honour!

Octavius.

Anonymous said...

You need to relink my blog b/c I have new one now
life-of-ethan.blogspot.com

And thanks for mentioning me

I hope you did well too Mr. Macho man lol