Friday, October 29, 2010

........so this isn't working out as I'd hoped it would....

Ya know, this whole 'College being a brand new start thing' isn't quite working out as I'd originally hoped.

I've been looking forward to college for the past 2-3 years thinking that when I got here I'd be completely myself, and I'd make friends and have actual people to talk to.
Yeah....eh....that's not really what's happend.

I think it's my fault. I'm just really anti-social it turns out. I'm always just too exhausted to go out to parties and such. That's mainly because of the ridiculous amount of rehearsals I have on at the moment for two shows. But I think that it's also part of me being a little depressed. I have the best time in rehearsals. I'm really 'fitting in' there and feel like that's where I belong. But there's always that part of my brain that keeps telling me that this won;t last. When you're finished this you'll be back at home...alone....and back at college....alone....back to the 'real world'. This is really where the title of my blog comes in: life really does suck....theatre is a different life for me. I WISH that could be my life. That I could just do it all day everyday. But I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

I know NOONE who's doing my course! Everyone else I know is doing arts subjects, which means they're always on the other side of campus. I wish I could just start talking to someone and make friends that way. But the thing is with my course is that for the first two years of my course(which is a specialized nanoscience degree with only 9 people in it) all my lectures are with the general science students,...all 250 of them. So the person I meet on Monday might not been seen again for another couple of months. :/

I'm sitting here in college on a bench....by myself. I'm watching people go by happy and getting on with their days. I sit here cold(because it's raining) and tired, and feeling like I wanna go home and sleep for a week.

**

I've started rehearsals for 'Beauty and the Beast'(The musical). They started on wedensday. I walked in a bit late, as I had lectures till 8, and what was the first thing that I saw????????
'Him' with his boyfriend.
.....right........
Now, even though his boyfriend turns out to be a really nice guy and all, I don't think I could take 2.5 months of this.
*sigh*

**

I've also realized something recently.......I've never been in love.
That is something I crave sooooooooooo badly. Not just for someone to love me, but for me actually to love someone. I've never loved someone.
Depressing.

That's my life........FML.....


Sxxxxx

6 comments:

naturgesetz said...

If you weren't in love with "Him," I don't think it would upset you to see him with his boyfriend.

If you can't bring yourself to start a conversation with someone, be sure to respond to anybody who talks to you. (And why won't the person you meet Monday night be there the following Monday?)

Pierre said...

It may sound like a pain but you almost have to turn socializing into a job. Don't just go to a party to drink or whatever, push yourself to just make connections.

While I'm sure being in love is great and all you should't feel the need to live a life through or with someone else. This isn't about being harsh, but if you focus on being present that being in love it will come, eventually.

Anonymous said...

If I may be blunt...which I do fairly well, but you may hate me afterwards...so here I go playing devil's advocate:

I just have to wonder if perhaps you've taken on too much right here at the start. Two shows at once, plus a course of study that certainly sounds brain-straining. Maybe you should drop back to one show, so you'd have time to do some pure socializing. Being exhausted doesn't make you anti-social, being out of the picture does. It takes some effort to make friends, but it can be done. Most theatre people I've known are by definition outgoing (you can't be shy on stage), so there's a place to make friends outside rehearsals and productions. We all socialized together outside the box.

Why can't you do theatre full time? Are you trying to fulfill someone else's expectations of what you should study in school? If you feel so at home in the theatre, and out of it across campus, some soul searching might be in order.

Get Him outta mind. Until he's free. Which may or may not happen any time soon, but there's simply no use pining over that which you can't have.

Realizing that most unasked for advice is unwanted, and most asked for advice is unheeded, I hope I've given you some thinking points. I may be completely off the mark. I won't be offended if you tell me to f' off.

I do understand that life can seem very overwhelming when a huge change like moving to uni takes place, and it's easy to get despondent over the differences between how you hoped it would be, and how it is seemingly turning out. But there's nothing in your life that you can't overcome. You're bright, outgoing, involved in some cool stuff. Try hard to get some rest and work on time management so you can socialize, either with your science classmates or the theatre bunch!

Peace <3
Jay in VA

Anonymous said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Peace <3
Jay

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Clyde - Gosh, nanoscience, I don't know what it is. Sounds lonely. If it's some heavy science then theater is a different thing. All the advice above is super great. Read it again twice so it sticks. In a party, find the most extroverted guy and let him make introductions. Sounds like you need more practice before leaping into love. Love can compound your problems, sometimes. Love you, would love to meet you and teach you about love.

Anonymous said...

Yo, dude! Update us soon, please! Inquiring minds want to know!
Peace <3
Jay