Saturday, October 16, 2010

Shows, shows, shows.....and 'him'.......

Hey Blogland!

Another long overdue post!
Sorry! I've been very busy with rehearsals for a few shows. The first was 'The Pirates of Penzance'. It was a spectacular show! The best show I've been involved with to date! We had a fantastic line-up of main principals! Very accomplished across Europe were the stars of this show, so we had a lot to live up to! :P
It was such a physical show! I'm still finding bruises I didn't know I had on my body! :P
It ran for a total of 6 nights, with a matinee and an evening performance on the last day!
Here's two of the promotional pictures for it! I'm not in them as it's only the main leads! :P








It was a fantastic show and now it's over :'( And I just finished another show after that! It was the opera 'La Traviata'. It was also in the National Concert Hall. It's a professional company so it's tough work! The music was very hard to learn but it's beautiful music and exactly what I love singing! :)
The girl in white in the photo above is playing the lead in the opera. She's AMAZING!!! And she's just lovely. Not a diva in anyway(which is hard to find in this profession). She's tipped to be the 'next big thing in Irish Opera'. So it's an honor to work with her!


Also, rehearsals are well underway for a show called 'Showstoppers'. It's also in the National Concert Hall. I actually can't wait for this one because I've got a part in it! I'm in several group numbers and I got the part of 'Action' for the 'West Side Story' number 'Officer Krupke'! I'm soooo excited :) And also, they're doing numbers from shows like 'Hairspray', 'Wicked', 'My Fair Lady', 'Sweet Charity'! It's gonna be brilliant! We've got a professional choreographer directing the show and choreographing it. She's brilliant. For the finale of the show we're doing 'You can't stop the beat' from 'Hairspray'! I cannot wait to dance to that! Heehee, I'm sooo excited!! :P
Here's the poster for it :
  
Also, in other news I got a new laptop from which I'm currently blogging! :) It's brilliant! I love it so much. It's HD and all, so I can watch all my hd films on my computer :) :) And it's nice and compact for college which started a few weeks ago. College is brilliant! I love it so much! :P
So yeah, that's my life to date. However, still no boyfriend :'( I met 'him'(see this post) again in 'La Traviata'. He was also in the chorus. It was soooooooooooooooo difficult seeing him again. I'm falling for him all over again. :( I also just came back from a trip down the country to promote another show starting at Christmas. It's the Wizard of Oz and I had to dress up as the 'tin man', 'he' had to dress up as the 'scarecrow' and another guy dressed up as the 'lion'. And we also had 'dorothy' there too.
So that was hard sitting right next to 'him' for 2hours in the car up and back from the trip. We get on soooooooooooo well though! :( It's sickening! He sends out so many signals as if he's interested! I'm so confused! He's still going out with his boyfriend. They're going out for about 18 months now. But he was telling me in the car that his bf isn't the type of person who he would have seen himself with. I don't know what that means! :S He also said that they've had a few fights because hus bf is a very jealous person. I have no idea of what to make of him!
It's killing me and I know that this is sooooo much more that a crush! And I need to deal with it because I'm starting rehearsals with him again next month and wont be finished untill mid february! :S

*sigh*

Ps. My blog had it's first birthday last month and I forgot! :S Ah well! A belated happy birthday to me! :P

Sxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like life is 99% AWESOME (the 1% not so is figuring out 'him' - I know what you mean)! The shows you've done are awesome. Isn't it cool to work professional companies? A real step up from high school and college theatre.

I love the theatre, wish I'd never moved to radio/tv engineering when I hear (and therefore remember) how much fun it is! (Though I have done a fair amount of it over the years in arena shows work.)

I'm sure the relationship things will work themselves out. I hope the folks in theatre in Ireland are as accepting of GBLT as they are here in the States, and the same at college...if you can come out...

Nice post, thanks for the update!
Peace <3
Jay

naturgesetz said...

It's great that the shows are going so well and that you're enjoying them so much.

As for "him," I'm sure this is difficult for you. It's a form of unrequited love, I think. The fact that he expresses some dissatisfaction with his bf means several things. One is that a break-up could happen. Another is that he sees you as a friend he can confide in. But a confidant is not a romantic interest.

If you can keep yourself from getting more wrapped up in him, while continuing to be friendly, that would be good. It may be a matter of constantly reminding yourself not to get your hopes up, to try to treat him as a good friend. But don't be cold to him or cut him out of your life.

Enjoy what you have.

Anonymous said...

成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天 , 成人情色聊天